If you are one of the millions of people around the world who happen to wear dentures regularly, then it’s fair to assume that you know just how important it is to make sure that they are kept in as sparkling and perfect condition as possible. In the same way that people care for their natural teeth, people should also be taking care of their implants. Just because they haven’t grown from your own gums, it doesn’t mean that you never have to practice any upkeep on them!
Here at The Denture Care Group Sunshine Coast, we are very invested in making sure that patients get the very most out of their new sets of teeth, and to ensure the longest shelf life possible. All it takes is a good cleaning routine. Without further ado, here is a quick guide to making the most of your new pearly whites:
- It is always a good idea to get into the habit of removing and rinsing your dentures after an eating session. Just running them under a bit of water can be enough to remove food and any debris that might be stuck or lodged.
- Ensure that when the dentures are out of your mouth and in your hand, you handle them carefully. Do not bend or damage the plastic or the clasps when cleaning them because they will require a trip to the dentist to fix.
- Along with washing in between meals, it is also good to brush your dentures at least once a day. Using a non-abrasive denture cleanser with a soft-bristled brush is best to ensure you can get into all those crevices.
- One of the best things you can do is soak your dentures in a mild denture solution overnight. This will help them to stay in shape and keep nice and moist to best mould to your mouth when putting them back in in the morning.
5. Regular Check-ups!
- Make sure to schedule regular dental check-ups so a professional can take a look at your dentures and your mouth to see if you are still getting on with the current set. Remember: Even the smallest changes can cause horrible irritation in the mouth.
So, if you are someone in need of dentures on the Sunshine Coast, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for further discussion and appointment booking. A member of our experienced team will always be ready on hand to talk you through any questions, fears or concerns.